14 FILMS, 4 NIGHTS, 1 RIVER.
Sunset screenings on the August Bank Holiday weekend...
Friday 25th - Monday 28th August
More than a dozen fantastic films in the most picturesque setting Cambridge has to offer!
Bring a picnic or browse the varied food and drink on offer from local vendors, before snuggling on a rug under the stars to watch the evening feature on our giant inflatable Airscreens - some of the largest in the UK!
Gates open for Movies on the Meadows at 6pm
11 confirmed so far, with plenty more still to come...
Beauty and the Beast (2017)
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016)
Ferris Beuller's Day Off (1986)
Groundhog Day (1993)
La La Land (2016)
La Belle et la Bête (1946)
Lego Batman (2017)
Singin' in the Rain (1952)
Bajirao Mastani (2015)
INSTANT UPDATES, AND MOVIES ON THE MEADOWS NEWS, AVAILABLE ON THE FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE.
PRICES (frozen this year!)
(Picturehouse members, children, students, over 60s)
Family Ticket Offer: Buy 1 adult and 1 child ticket together and up to 4 children can attend on the child ticket
- Films start about 8pm ~ 8:10pm (dependent on night fall) - Events should finish before 10:45pm.
- This is a 'silent disco' screening so you will need to bring a (returnable) deposit of £5 in cash for a radio which you can use to listen to the film through headphones. We strongly encourage you to bring your own headphones although if you do not own a pair that you can bring, we will have some you can use.
- It will be cold and dark when the events finish, so dress appropriately and make sure you bring a blanket and a brolly. Screenings will take place rain or shine, except in cases of severe weather where you will be eligible for a refund if we decide we cannot screen the film.
- There will be no smoking, no barbecues and no bonfires allowed on site.
- You are welcome to bring your own picnics but we definitely recommend you try the food from the visiting vendors!
- Camping chairs, bean bags, etc are all allowed
- Well behaved dogs are allowed but will have to be removed if they disturb other customers.
- There are no cash machines or card facilities on site. Tickets can be purchased on the door, subject to availability, using cash only.
- There will be toilets on site
- The site has disabled access and disabled parking (in addition to the main car parking area)
HOW TO GET THERE
Screenings will be on Spring Lane Field in Grantchester, near the Orchard Tea Gardens. The main access will be off Mill Way and will be signposted; it is close to the Orchard Tea Garden’s entrance (which is located at 45 – 47 Mill Way, Grantchester, Cambridge CB3 9ND).
By foot: You can access Spring Lane Field from the Meadows area, or from Grantchester village (via the high street/Mill Way). Bring a torch for the journey home, when it will be very dark!
By bicycle: As by foot. There will be limited bicycle racks but plenty of space for bikes otherwise. If coming from Cambridge city centre, you will come via Newnham to Grantchester. Make sure you have bike lights for the journey home.
By car: Whilst we recommend coming by foot, bicycle, or on the river, we will be providing a car parking area a few minutes walk from the main entrance, off Mill Way. It will be very dark when the film ends so we recommend bringing a torch to light your way back.
By river/punt: The river Cam runs through Spring Lane Field, and our giant airscreen will be inflated on the opposite bank. For chauffeured punts we recommend enquiring with Scudamore’s Punting Company.
WANT TO GET INVOLVED?
Why not volunteer at one or more of the nights of Movies on the Meadows for a behind the scenes view of this event? More information can be found on our volunteering page.
This event is possible thanks to the generous support from Trumpington Farm Company